Katla is built on the core values of respect for people, animals and the environment. These values are apparent in how we designed our business model, the fabrics we use and the manufacturers we have chosen as partners. And we don´t ask you to take our word for it: we have built a website that provides complete transparency into our garments, from conception to their arrival at your door. When you buy Katla, you buy for the future.
Reduce – Reuse – Recycle
We order small production runs to minimize wasted inventory. We aim to only manufacture items that will be sold and worn by our customers. Many of our items are made-to-order. We are able to accomplish this through by partnering with cutting-edge, speedy manufacturers.
We design products based on input from our customers. We only manufacture products our customers love and want to buy. We offer timeless, high-quality, lasting garments our customers will keep and wear often.
We take back items our customers no longer want to keep. We cover the shipping and offer a site credit towards a next purchase
We carefully select fabrics with minimal environmental impact. We focus on natural and organic materials. When we use synthetics, we require them to be sourced from recycled materials.
We are committed to a kind approach to animals. This means no leather, fur or silk, and no products derived from mistreated animalsLEARN MORE
We have partnered with a small group of domestic manufacturing partners in California and Alabama.
We have selected partners who provide good working conditions for their employees and whose processes support our business model of made-to-order and small run manufacturing
We include a unique tracking number on the external or interior label of each item we sell. Customers can input a tracking number on our website to learn about the origins and history of an item.
WE’RE SERIOUS ABOUT CHANGE
Katla is built on the core values of respect for people, animals and the environment. When we started setting up the business we realized that we were in a fortunate position to not have to deal with legacy problems one at a time. Instead, we had a clean slate and could design and build the business right from day one.
And we don´t ask you to simply take our word for it. We have built a system that provides complete transparency into our full supply chain and those that are impacted throughout it.
Our commitment to people relates to the individuals that work for us and throughout our supply chain; to the people impacted by external factors related to our production and our customers
- We are committed to creating a diverse workplace where individuals feel free to express their opinions and individuality
- We will ensure that all workers involved in our supply chain are paid a living wage and work under safe conditions
- We will not use dyes or production methods that put communities at risk
- We are committed to an inclusive approach in our merchandise offering and the way we communicate our brand
We are committed to a kind approach to animals. This includes:
- No animal leather in our product selection
- No fur in our product selection
- No animal products that have been derived from animals that have been mistreated (e.g. no wool from sheep that have undergone mulesing)
We are committed to minimizing the impact our products have on the environment.
- Design – We design products based on input from our customers. We want to ensure that the product we are designing and manufacturing is actually what our customers will love. Our timeless and high quality take on fashion will allow our customers to keep the items they buy from us and wear them again and again
- Fabric selection – We carefully select the fabrics we use to minimize environmental impact. We focus on natural and organic fabrics and in the case of synthetics (which are for example important to achieve the most flattering fit of your yoga pants) we ensure that they are recycled
- Production – We do small production runs to ensure that we hold minimal levels of inventory. We want to make sure that we are only producing what will actually be sold and used by our customers. Our partnership with cutting edge manufacturing partners that are able to make our garments in 24-72 hours allows us to maintain a large part of our business as a made-to-order business.
- Garment treatment - In the case of synthetics, our garments come with a bag that you should place them in while washing them. This will help eliminate the amount of microfibers going into the water. Additionally, we avoid fabrics that require dry cleaning.
- Recycling – We want to do our part to ensure that our garments do not end up in landfill after customers stop using them. We encourage you to send back your items after you stop using them. Contact us and we will provide you with a return shipping label and each time you return an item we will provide you with a credit towards your next purchase on the site. Returned items will be sent to the original fabric mills for recycling wherever possible or alternate methods for recycling or reuse deployed.